RagDyer

Default cell format

I would guess that you didn't pre-format *enough* cells to Text.

Maybe you formatted 25 cells, and you're now entering your ID's in the 26th
and 27th cells.

XL *will retain* your ID's as entered, as long as the cell is pre-formatted
to Text.

RD

"Terry" wrote in message
I set up cell format as text before I type any data.

I have a samples with ID 9920-2, 9920-10, 9920-15, 9920-18,...
However if I push "Enter" after typing ID, Excel change 9920-2 and 9920-10
to Feb-20 and Oct-20 without even ask do I wnat to change format. ID after
9920-15 remain the same.

Can anyone tell me how to make Excel stop changing my format, and just

keep
the format I have set up.