HRMSN

Default IF Function

What I have is a leave sheet designed in Excel. Leave used is entered
(currently) by hand on sheet B in cells that reference the day that the leave
was used. Sheet A pulls the totals of these days into a nice legible format.
It is the "by hand" part I am fixing.

I now have it set up so that the types of leaves used are automatically
pulled from another Excel file (that being the timesheet itself) onto sheet B
of the leave worksheet. The problem has always been, either manually or
automated, that it does not work, if someone uses say 3 hours of vacation,
and 2 hours of sick leave on the same day, because the whole setup is
designed to consider only one type of leave.

Hope this makes sense. It isn't the greatest problem to solve, one that I
would have let lie by the wayside because of the amount of time I will save
with everything else, and the small number of times I have to worry about it.
But if it makes sense, and you know the solution, then have at it. And
Thanks.

"bill k" wrote:

You would then use the "AND" or the "OR" functions.
What do you want to show if there are more than one?

An example of the "AND" function

=IF(AND(A4<0,B40),"yes","no")

--
bill k