bpeltzer

Default rows that need deleting

Introduce a helper column J. In j1: =mod(minute(b1),5)). Autofill that
through column J. Then autofilter and in column J, select custom, does not
equal 0. Delete the rows that remain visible, and you'll have your
five-minute samples.

"LtFass" wrote:

Thanks to all who reply to our sometimes obvious questions. This one has me
stumped. I import a converted file from a data recorder that records date,
time, flow rate, pressure, and water level. The format goes like this

A1 - Date
B1 - Time
D1/E1 - Flow
F1/G1 - Pressure
H1/I1 - Water Level

The columns do not have headers. The data is recorded every minute.

Now for the problem: what I would like to do is delete the rows so that the
data is now in five minute intervals. Currently I highlite the rows that I
dont need and then delete them however there are generaly 5k to 100k rows.
Lots of time! Looking for some ideas or help Thanks Cliff