Claes G

Hi David,

OK, I got your point and I include the Swedish formula corresponding to yours:

Format, Conditional Formatting, cells
condition 1
Formula is:
=AND(NOT(HASFORMULA(B1)),NOT(ISBLANK(B1)),NOT(ROW( B1)=1))

Swedish "Formula is:"
=OCH(ICKE(HasFormula(B1));ICKE(Ă„RTOM(B1));ICKE(RA D(B1)=1))

Above works as you say and will only affect cells that is written a constant
into,
cells with formula and empty cells are not affected.

In my case (another file, and has nothing to do with the example I showed)
I have formulas in each cell in lets say B1 to B30.
(E.g. In B1 I have LOOKUP A1 and collect value from a linked file)
I wanted to show whenever a formula in each cell B1 to B30 had been
overwritten by a constant or deleted (i.e. made empty).
The cells B1-B30 are part in a calculation and should normally always
have the formula to calculate from.
The value in B1 is collected from a linked file and depends on
the code written into A1, same for B2 corresponding to the code written into
A2 and so on.
The code written into A1 to A30 will be vary in each new workfile.
On those occasion I have written a constant in e.g. B1 I have overrided
the Formula and if I copy that file to a new one and write a new code in A1
it will be the constant in B1 that it is calculated with, not the value
collected from the linked file.
Thats why I want to show clearly that the formula is overwritten or deleted
in any of the cells from B1-B30.

Sorry that I may not have been very clear on this point.

The example I showed in my last contribution now works for my purposes.

Any answer for below question?
The only thing now is that I get the note that there is a Macro when opening
the file and the question if I want to activate or de-activate it.
I have Excel2002 at home and Medium Security. (Excel97 at work as mentioned
earlier) Is there some way to avoid this pop-up without setting the security
to low?

Kind regards,
Claes