Ragdyer

Default conditioning

=AND(ISNUMBER(B2),B2A2)

Permits text entries in normal color and late dates in red.

RD

"bpeltzer" wrote in message
You actually get an implicit fourth condition, which is 'none of the

above'.
As long as your three conditions are specified such that they're not
satisfied when no date is entered, you should be fine. That probably

means
you can't use a strict 'less than' condition; you'd have to use 'between'
instead.
--Bruce

"DONNA" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet. I need a cell to turn
yellow is date is on target,
green if date is ahead of target date
RED if date is past target date.
AND I NEED THE CELL TO STAY WHITE IF I DO NOT PUT A DATE IN CELL.
It seems to me that I need four conditions. PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY.

THANKS