Ian

Default conditioning

I agree. This simplifies the formulae I posted. I had forgotten that it is
not necessary to check for a blank cell for the on target and past target
dates, reducing these to

for on target
=B2=A2
for past
=B2A2

For ahead, use Cell value isbetween and use 1 and A2 as the limits.

--
Ian
--
"bpeltzer" wrote in message
You actually get an implicit fourth condition, which is 'none of the
above'.
As long as your three conditions are specified such that they're not
satisfied when no date is entered, you should be fine. That probably
means
you can't use a strict 'less than' condition; you'd have to use 'between'
instead.
--Bruce

"DONNA" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet. I need a cell to turn
yellow is date is on target,
green if date is ahead of target date
RED if date is past target date.
AND I NEED THE CELL TO STAY WHITE IF I DO NOT PUT A DATE IN CELL.
It seems to me that I need four conditions. PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY.
THANKS