Stuart

Default custom macro needed

i dont fully understand go to
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuartb...e/Downtime.xls make the
needed adjustments and send modified file to
as this will be easier that way ill be able
to see what you did. would you guys mind?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You don't need a macro for this, a simple formula will work

=IF(onsite_date="","",IF(return_date="",NETWORKDAY S(onsite_date,TODAY()),NET
WORKDAYS(onsite_date,return_date)))

it uses NETWEORKDAYS which is part of the Analysis Toolpak, so that needs to
be installed.

--

HTH

RP

"Stuart" wrote in message
I work for a company in Hertford now. We are an accident management

company
as part of our services we provide our fleet customers with weekly,

biweekly,
monthly or even daily reports. one of the pieces of information in these
reports is the downtime which is how long the vehicle has been in the
bodyshop. I have attached an working example to this to this email it uses

an
excel formulae to calculate the difference between the 2 dates. now then

what
I want to know from you is how to improve on this formulae.

I need it to not only work out the difference between the 2 dates but if a
onsit date is given but no returned date it will show how many days its

been
from onsite date to today's date. also if returned date is given but no
onsite date it should return a blank value as our customers don't want to

see
"#VALUE" show up anywhere. lastly this formulae is limited in that our
bodyshop's do not work on weekends yet the current formulae can't

compensate
for weekends is the any way to get the formulae to filter out weekends

when
doing its calculations?

any help you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. thanks in
advance.