Cally

Hi its me again, If anyone is reading this I have found the answers by
looking on some previous requests. I copied a macro that someone provided to
re-enter cell data (after changing all the cells to general format, rather
than text), then a formula that was available for finding the last text
reference in a row.

Thankyou to the people who provided these responses to previous queries as
you have just saved me about 5 days worth of manual changes. And hitting my
head against a brick wall as well. :)

"Cally" wrote:

Help!
I have been trying to use functions to get information from particular
columns of an excel spreadsheet. The unfortunate part is that due to the way
the original information was input the information I want in each row is in
different columns.

a) I thought about doing a non-text function as an intermediary but although
certain cells are blank it appears that I have to go in and do a manual
delete of every cell. I can't choose an area because they are not in a
block. Can anyone suggest a way to automatically ensure that blanks cells
are considered non text?

b) is there a function, or a series of functions that will help me to choose
the last cell in a row that has text and then input the data in that cell
into a new cell so that I have one discrete column of text?