B. R.Ramachandran

Default Trying to Change Axes

Hi,

One way (eventhough not very elegant!) is as follows:

Let's say that your data are in A2:A131. Enter the following formula in B2
(and fill-in the formula down to B131).

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$131,"="&A2)

Column B will now contain the number of occurrences of each value in Column
A (There will be redundant information when there are duplicates in Column A,
but they wouldn't hurt the graph).
Now make a plot of A2:A131 (y-axis) vs B2:B131 (x-axis)

REgards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"lost in charts" wrote:

I have a range of data that is listed in a column. I need to plot this data
in terms of numbers of observations. For instance, the column reading down
has the following points:

0.77
0.68
0.68
0.65
0.65
0.65
0.60 and so on...

The values are sorted from highest to lowest and there are 130 data points.

I need the data values on the y-axis and the number of times the value
occurs on the x-axis. Can anyone offer advice? Thank you.