Peo Sjoblom

Default Find a "9" within a range using a function (T/F)

It does not throw an error, it returns TRUE of FALSE

Peo Sjoblom

"R. Choate" wrote in message

First - thank you. Your solution DOES work. My only comment is that it

throws an error if no 9. You probably just assumed I could
take it from there; you're right, I can, and I appreciate it. Yours is a

nice, short solution that does work.

Richard

--
RMC,CPA

"Biff" wrote in message

Hi!

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(FIND("9",A1:B12))))0

Biff

"R. Choate" wrote in message
I need to try to cobble together a function nest or whatever I have to

do,
which will tell me if the number 9 exists anywhere within
a range of cells. The 9 could be just one character of a larger number
(i.e. 1496), or it could be just a nine. I know that I could
use filtering or use the find feature with the dialog box, but I need a
formula instead. Also, I just need to know a true or false;
I don't need to know where the nine is or any other info. I just need to
know if it is there. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
--
RMC,CPA