Bernard Liengme

You have been given great answer for fixing the problem but if you are
interested in the WHY then you need to learn how computers store numbers in
binary notation (aka IEEE convention) and that some decimal numbers (the
type we use because of 10 fingers) cannot be accurately represented when
using 15 digit binary precision. A bit like not being able to exactly write
1/3 as a fraction.

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"EXCELNCBOY" wrote in message
I am trying to resolve an issue that several of our users have been
experiencing.

I've been able to duplicate it on all of our systems. Example: Type .101
in Cell A1 and then type .102 in Cell A2. Select both cells and then drag
fill all the cells in a series to cell 1000. At some point(most cases
line
564, the format changes from .xxx to .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). This has
resolved
in many issues when doing tables and charts.

Running XP SP1 and Office 2003 SP1.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.