Art

Default continuous sum formula needed

Another option would be to sum the entire column -- but then you'd have to
put your total in a different column. This would look like: sum(B:B) if you
were summing column B.

Another alternative, if you really want the sum to be at the bottom of the
column, you can use this formula in Cell B7. If you insert rows above it, it
should stay okay.

=SUM($B$1:INDIRECT(CELL("address",OFFSET(B7,-1,0))))

Art

"NN" wrote:

I have a column of numbers, with a simple SUM formula at the bottom, to which
I need to add new rows from time to time. How can I get the sum formula to
recognize an added row so the calculation is correct rather that changing the
formula manually?