Dave Peterson

Default Allowing hyperlinks an a protected sheet

Try protecting the worksheet manually (in fact, record a macro when you do it to
get the code).

You'll see that xl2002+ (including xl2003) has an option to allow users to
insert hyperlinks in that Tools|protection|protect sheet dialog.

Chris Ince wrote:

Hi,

I am using Excel2003 to create a workbook for use by a group of people who
need some access but not to alter criteria. code, formulas etc.

Using simple VBA code I have set things up to enable outlining and then
protect the two worksheets, the only problem is that this then sets the
protect to Excel defaults and so I cannot enable the insertion of hyperlinks
by end-users.

I have had a play, but profess to being a little bit of a macro newbie.

Any help very gratefully received.

--

Dave Peterson