BMW

Default create reference formula that looks through all sheets for matchin

Sheet1 and Sheet 2 should be "ProductA and ProductB" respectively...Sorry for
the confusion! BMW

"BMW" wrote:

I thought I've done this in the distant past, but not sure how it was
done...Trying to create reference formula that looks through ALL worksheets
for matching sheet name and also for matching data that is referenced...ex.
Sheet1 and Sheet2 have different data in non-identical ranges with identical
column names starting at B3(I'm using range B3:P50). I've used the Standard
Vlookup Formula and the combo of Vlookup and Indirect, but they don't sork
when trying to reference another Workbook! As I stated, I know it's possible,
I no longer have any of the files where it worked.
=Vlookup($C$5,Indirect("'"&A5&"'!B2:P50"),4,0)

Sheet1 Sheet2
Item Yr 1 Yr 2 Item Yr 1 Yr 2
a 13 14 a 12 13
b 13 14 b 14 15
c 14 15 c 15 16

Sheet3 (Output page in same Wkbk) This works! But Not if it's in another Wkbk!
Product A 15 c
Product B 14

ANY HELP in RESOLVING THIS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

BMW