Patrick

Default Disappearing scales on bar charts with multiple series

I am trying to create a bar chart with multiple series in Excel 2003. I have
x and y data, but the x-axis has to be the same for all series or it takes
the x-values of the last series created. My problem is not the scale. It is
getting two series to appear independent of each other. Using bar charts
forces a comparison of the two series, but I simply need to plot data for
each series. Should I be using a different chart type? If so, what is it?
-- Thanks,
Patrick