Niek Otten

Default "IF" function - 7 nested limit

Hi Ed,

Please post your formula, inputs and result. I bet it isn't 8 *nested* IFs,
although it may be 8 IFs.
As to your question, I would never count on exceeding Excel's
specifications. Only in this case I don't think they have been exceeded.
In general, Excel will warn you if you try to let it do something can't.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Ed" wrote in message
Hi
Sometimes when I nest 8 "IF" functions the formula executes properly.
I am wondering, will such a formula always execute properly, or could
different conditions cause it to not execute?

In short, would the following be true?
If a formula works, it will always work so, go ahead and use it.

Thankyou
Ed