Amenity Dana

Default Locked & protected cells still can be changed

I have a worksheet set up with several columns, five of which are formulas
calculating date put into other columns. I want to protect those 5 specific
columns of cells so that the formulas cannot be changed. I selected each
cell and tagged it "locked" and I protected the worksheet. Then I went back
to verify that it did in fact lock each of the formulas. Three of the
columns of cells cannot be changed and are read-only. Two of them let me
change the formulas as if the cells are not locked. I have double checked
the protection on them, and everything is as the instructions specify. Any
ideas of what else I should look for?

Thanks,
Dana Cline