Vanguard

Default Multi column Drop-down tables.

I am trying to produce a spreadsheet with 8 columns of information relating
to items listed in the first column, on many of these rows there are say a
quantity of 10 items or more. I want the last three columns to behave as a
drop down list or be able to expand these rows with the relevant information
for the quantities of those specific items which I can then edit. I've tried
using Validation from lists but can only use ONE row or column, it won't work
with three. Is there a way of creating this expanding/collapsing feature
using Excel or will I need another application?