Dave Peterson

Default Toolbars in Excel 2003

Not a bug--it's the way addins work.

Most/some will built the toolbar when they open. So if you don't open it (by
turning it off in Tools|Addins) would mean that the toolbar wouldn't be created.

(and most/some addins are nice enough to destroy their toolbar when the addin
closes.)

But by turning off all the addins, you may have turned off something you need.
You may want to be more selective.

Adam wrote:

Thanks very much

You may want to check to see if there's an addin that adds the toolbar.
Tools|Addins
keep track of the ones you toggle off/on when you're testing.

worked just turning then all off exiting and then restarting Excel worked
seems to be a bug of sorts!

Adam

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You may want to check to see if there's an addin that adds the toolbar.
Tools|Addins
keep track of the ones you toggle off/on when you're testing.

Or maybe you have an addin in your XLStart folder that's doing the work.
Close excel and windows start button|search
(for XLStart)
Move files out of that folder and test to see if you can find the problem.

or...

It could be a COM Add-in.

You can check this by adding another option to your Tools dropdown.
tools|customize|commands tab|tools category
Scroll down the commands side until you find: COM Add-ins...

Drag that to your favorite toolbar. I dragged it right under Addins under
Tools.

Then look to see if you have any COM Add-ins loaded.

Adam wrote:

I have a custom Toolbar which is now not required. Despite deleting it using
View Toolbars Customize Delete and then saving the file when I close Excel
and re-open the file it was located in the Toolbar reappears.

What am I maissing

--

Dave Peterson

--