Bob Phillips

Default Macro code for dropping to next empty cell

jb,

I would suggest that you don't need my code at all, just a small tweak to
your code to work with the activecell

Activecell.Copy
Range("B1").End(xlDown).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

You would change the B1 to wherever your list starts

--

HTH

RP

"JB2010" wrote in message
Hi Bob

sounds good, but i cant work out where that will fit into the current

script?

apologies, can you help again?

existing code looks like this:

Range("E1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("B1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("B3").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

Any help gratefully received

cheers

jb

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Activecell.copy activecell.offset(0,1).end(xldown)

--

HTH

RP

"JB2010" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to get a macro to copy data from one cell & paste it onto

the
bottom of a list, however my current attempt just keeps overwriting

one
cell
as my current programming seems to have selected an actual cell

reference.
recorded the macro of me copying, then higlighting the cell at the top

of
the
listing column, hitting CTRL+DOWN CURSOR then down cursor again before
pasting. I thought this would leave the code to always drop to the

bottom
of
the list & then go one cell further, but this appears not to be the

case!

Does anyone know a better (i.e. functioning!) way to program this?

Many thanks in advance, if you need any more info please reply.

cheers

jb