Werner Rohrmoser

Default Prompt to update links

Hello,

I'm using Excel XP SP3 and WIN XP SP1

Descriptiion:

Settings in "Options - Edit - Ask to update automatic links"
is "Ask to update automatic links" checked.

Settings in "Edit - Links - Startup Prompt" is
- Let users choose to display links
- Don't display the alert and update links
In both cases Excel prompts me to update the links.
What's the sense of the second option?
In Excel XP SP2 there was a difference between
the two options.

Settings in "Options - Edit - Ask to update automatic links"
is "Ask to update automatic links" not checked.

Settings in "Edit - Links - Startup Prompt" is
- Let users choose to display links
- Don't display the alert and update links
In both cases Excel doesn't prompt me to update the links
and updates automatically.
Here also what's the sense of the second option?

Can anyone explain this behaviour to me?

TIA
Werner