JMB

Default Excel-links in worksheet shows #Ref

You could also try the INDIRECT function

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!A1")

However, the link is not dynamic. If you go to Sheet2 and insert a row
(moving the data in cell A1 to A2) your reference will not update to reflect
the new location of your data.

"srinivasan" wrote:

I am having a worksheet containing 13 worksheets each representing a calender
month and the last one is consolidation of all worksheets. The text all the
worksheets are similar in nature. I have opened 12 columns in the
consolidation worksheet and linked all the cells from all worksheets against
each month. My problem is whenever I insert a new sheet and rename it for a
month) and delete the existing named sheet (eg December), the linked
worksheet shoe #REF instead of formulas and I have to manually change the
links. Even though the name of the worksheet is the same why excel does not
recognize the links after deleting the existing worksheet and inserting a new
worksheet named the same? Is there any shortcut method to automatically
recognize the new sheet. I think there may be some solution to this problem?
Any community member can thro some light on this issue?