David McRitchie

Depends on what you mean by the correct place.
Ron's answer to select Column A and sort that column independently of all other data,
so that data in other columns does not move at all.

If you want to sort column A and bring with it all of the row then you would select
all columns on the worksheet before sorting, then to sort use Data, Sort,
Column A and probably [x] data has headers. Which I think better matches
corresponding.

I would suggest you NEVER rely on Excel's choice of extending a single cell
to the current range -- sooner or later you would destroy your data on some
worksheet..

More information on sorting in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

Please try to make questions as clear as possible, US English is my language
and I can't tell for sure what your question is -- I wouldn't expect those whose
language is not English to make a better guess.
--
HTH,

"Jordangirl78" wrote...
How do I alphabetize column A, while keeping the corresponding info in column
B in the correct place?