Bob Phillips

Default Date driven formula/worksheet

Corey,

DATEDIF is the usual function to do this, like

=DATEDIF(J1,J2,"m")

Be aware that in the example that you gave it will return 35. I am not sure
whether this is correct in your view, or whether you think it is 36, but the
function returns the number of complete months, so you will need to
determine when and if you add one for this month.

--

HTH

RP

"Corey" wrote in message
Hello. I've tried this a couple of times in the past and have been
unsuccessful and was hoping someone out there has already wrote a formula

for
it. The question is regarding a date driven schedule. For instance, a

lease
might be from 11/1/05 thru 10/31/08. I have a full schedule with columns

for
the periods ending 06/30/05, 06/30/06, 06/30/07 and so on (June 30
year-ends). Is there a formula I could use to calculate the amount of

months
that will fall within these buckets? I'll add to this throughout the year

and
was hoping to just put in the time frame and it would automatically

populate
the months for each year. I'm stuck on the if < or for the beginning and
ending months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Corey