Debra Dalgleish

Default Advanced Filter: Number of Records Found

Do you mean the AutoFilter? If so, when your list has many formulas, or
if a cell in the list is changed after an AutoFilter has been applied,
the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode" instead of a count of the visible
records.

The following MSKB article has information:

The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Charlie Rowe wrote:
Advanced Filter had been telling me the Number of Records Found (in the lower
left of my screen.) Now it has stopped doing that, on the same set of data.
Any ideas on what I have changed?

Thanks,
Charlie Rowe

--