Joe Resler

Default 2 categories

I am trying breakdown a spreadsheet of orders for business for the month of
october. I pulled data from my proprietary system and created an excel
spreadsheet. I have only two columns one is the customer name, and the other
is the state that the order originated. My customers place orders for
different states so for each order the customers name is listed and the state
they placed the order for is listed. I have it sorted by customer and then
by state, so what I would like to do is count the amount of orders per state
by each customer. For instance I have a customer that has placed 10 orders
for CA, 10 orders for NV, and ten orders for AZ. The excel spreadsheet lists
this customers name 30 times 10 for each state. But I have a fairly large
spreadsheet and don't wish to count how many orders this customer placed for
each state. Is there a formula to automate this with. I am sorry that was
pretty long winded. Please advise