Bob Phillips

Default Need to Sum Mon-Sat each seven days; Average Sunday

Robert,

If I understand correctly you want

=SUM(OFFSET($A$3,0,(COLUMN(A1)-1)*7,20,6))
and
=SUM(OFFSET($A$3,0,(COLUMN(A2)-1)*7+6,20,1))

This assumes that the totals are going across a single row. If it will be
down a column change COLUMN(A1) to ROW(A1)

--

HTH

RP

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
.net...
I have a spreadsheet where numbers are entered or calculated in columns
representing each day of the year. The column headers are 1/1/05 1/2/05
etc. The second row in each column returns the appropriate day of the
week: Mon Tue Wed, etc corresponding to the date. Then numbers or
calculations returning numbers in each row thereafter.

10/31/05 11/1/05 11/2/05 11/3/05 11/4/05 etc.
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
5 3 5 0 1

I then need to create a report that creates two columns, one with the
total (or average) of the Monday through Saturday numbers and one for
the Sunday numbers. In other words a Daily calculation and a Sunday
calculation. How would I create this report which goes to the daily
worksheet and grabs the Mon-Sat numbers for week 1, the Sunday number
for week 1, then goes to week 2, week 3, etc.