Biff

Default Simple find with right function

I guess Biff could have saved a few keystrokes and a few interpreter
cycles by leaving out the comma in 1,255 or using a smaller number <g

The comma is the argument delimiter in the MID function!

=MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""))))+1,255)

FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""))))+1

That is the 2nd argument which tells MID at what position in the string to
use as the extraction starting point.

255 is the 3rd argument which tells MID how many characters to return.

255 is used because you may never know exactly how many characters there are
to the end of the string.

Biff

"DOR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Biff and Peo,

Thank you both - flexibility and efficiency trump intuitivity ...

I guess Biff could have saved a few keystrokes and a few interpreter
cycles by leaving out the comma in 1,255 or using a smaller number <g

DOR