Biff

Default Help with macro

Hi!

I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want to
re-sort the data as required by vlookup. (its in date order, not part
number
order)

You can use Vlookup across sheets and the data only needs to be sorted if
you're dealing with numeric values where there may not be an exact match.

Can you post a small sample of data?

Biff

"Ken G." wrote in message
I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Each contains a column of part numbers
with associated data. What I want to do is look at a part number in the
second sheet and bring over some of the data for that part number from the
first sheet.
I know I can't use Vlookup across 2 sheets, and in any case I don't want
re-sort the data as required by vlookup. (its in date order, not part
number
order) I'm guessing this can only be done with a macro.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.