Mr. Jan Park

Default How to lookup row # based on content of another column's cell

Thank You!! It works!!

"RagDyer" wrote:

Then you can try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F20="X")*E2:E20*4+(F2:F20="X")*D2: D20)

--
HTH,

RD

"Mr. Jan Park" wrote in message
Mr. Phillips,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, my original description was too
simplistic. The precise operation I need to do for the row of expense

data
of which the cell in column F contain an "X" is, "=D?+(E?*4)" with "?"
representing the # of the row that contains the "X" in column F.

Jan park

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Assuming the x in column F, expense data in D & E, then

=SUMPRODUCT((F2:F20="x")*(D2:E20))

--

HTH

RP

"Mr. Jan Park" wrote in message
I have a 3 column table with 20 rows. The first two columns contain
travel
expense data. The cells in the third column are blank exept for

whichever
cell I enter an "x" in. Please let me what formula or worksheet

function
do
I use to calculate the travel expenses based on the data in the first

two
columns that correspond to the row of the cell with an "x" in the

third
column?

Thank You!