Biff

Default Simple find with right function

Hi!

Try this:

=MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","~",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""))))+1,255)

The tilde character "~" is used as a temporary marker. If your strings might
already contain these characters then use some other character that is not
likely to appear in your strings.

Biff

"Richard Ruda" wrote in message
We have a field of characters similar to:
product/small/GW1400A-GAVE.jpg
We have unsuccessfully tried to use the RIGHT AND FIND functions to
find all characters after the last "/" ( or from the right, all characters
before up to the first /). In other words to extract the GW1400A-9AV.jpg
Perhaps we are using the wrong functions.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Richard