Bob Phillips

Default Help with Count IF Statement

=sumproduct(--($A$1:$A$5=F1),--($B$1:$B$5<""))

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having trouble figuring out this formula. I need to count the
number of cells that have a value (or non-blank) if it meets a criteria
from a different row.

Database Worksheet
A B
1 brian 08/01/05
2 chris 08/15/05
3 pam
4 brian
5 brian 08/31/05

Totals/Formula Worksheet
F G
1 brian FORMULA WILL BE HERE
2 chris
3 pam

The formula should determine if A1:A5=brian, then it will count any
cells with a value ("paid" in this example) in row B. So in this
example, G1 should = 2 (i.e. brian had two cells where there was a date
value). Notice that there is one cell in B that related to "brian" but
does not have a value, so it is not included in the count.

Can anyone help me???