Biff

Default Using Excel as a Gradebook:Calculating sum excluding blanks an

will SUMIF(A1:F1, "0")
not count anything that is zero or less than zero?

Correct. Any values less than or equal to zero will not be included in the
SUM.

Biff

"morgan.lintz" wrote in message
Thank you for the info. My question was bout the sum, and I didn't
realize
that the sum function ignored blank spaces. That's just what I needed.
Now,
will
SUMIF(A1:F1, "0")
not count anything that is zero or less than zero?

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

I would like to total the values

That means you want to add together or sum, correct?

If so, the SUM function ignores blank cells and text entries, and any
cells
containing 0's will have no effect on a sum. So, you can probably just
use
something like this:

=SUM(A1:D100)

Biff

"morgan.lintz" wrote in message
I am attempting to use Excel as a gradebook and I would like to total
the
values of a series of columns where the values are not blank and are
greater
than 0.
Should I test each value in a range for blank or 0?
If so, how would I go about doing that?
I have basic programming skills based out of Java (very elementary),
and
would like to understand what I am doing. So if you reply, could you
please
explain?