scott45

Default Max and MIN question

Ron

The whole problem is the < sign. I am checking with my supervisor if it is
possible to report this with out the < sign. Maybe I can put it in with my
column heading that results are reported as <. Unless you have an answer. I
will let you know what I find out, thanks scott

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

I don't seem to be asking the right question, so I'll ask a few more and
offer some thoughts. Maybe this will help:

Are you able to get the correct MAX and MIN?
If NO, then what is the stumbling block?
Does that list have data for more than one month and you get the MAX/MIN for
the whole list, instead of the month you want?

If are getting the correct MAx/MIN, are you having trouble returning <0.05?
Is that value dependent on the MAX, the MIN, or another number?

Could you use something like this?:
=IF(MAX(A1:A100)<0.05,"<0.05","something else")

Am I anywhere near the right track here?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢
Regards,
Ron

"scott45" wrote:

Ron
Hope you read this. The column with this result is is just picking it up off
another cell in my work book. The result <0.05 represents the amount of
copper that is present in the water quality control test that is run. This
number needs to be reported on the state report just exactly like that <0.05.
If and when this test is run more than once a month at the bottom of my
coulumn I want to pick out the Max number and the Min number that is recorded
that month. This also needs to be recorded. Hoep this helps...thanks in
adavnce Scott

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Scott

What are you looking to do with the <0.05 column? Are those text labels,
formulas, or numbers? Are you trying to calculate something from them?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢
Regards,
Ron

"scott45" wrote:

Ron

One goof, that is me. The cells where I record max and min I did not have
enough decimal points. I formated the cells now that works but my other
column where info of <0.05 etc is not working

scott

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

See if I got the basic info right....
Col H: Decimal values (0.01,0.02,0.6, etc).
Col I: Corresponding column of descriptors (<0.05, =0.05)
You want to calculate the minimum and maximum values from Col I.

Could you try something like this?:
H12:H36 contains decimal numbers
I12: =H12 (copy that formula down to H36)
Then, custom format Col B numbers to:
[<0.05]"<.5";[=0.05]"=.5";"=.5"

I37: =MAX(I12:I36)
I387: =MIN(I12:I36)

Am I on the right track?

€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€¢€ ¢
Regards,
Ron

"scott45" wrote:

I have a coulmn with results in that are in a decimal point example .01, .02.
At the bottom of the coulumn I want to report the max number and the min
number but it does not. Also in one column my results are listed as <0.05
etc. At the bottom of this column I want to report the max and min but it
does not. I believe because they are not whole numbers. Is there a way to
report these numbers. I tried an IF formula where if <0, max(i12:i36) but
that did not work.
thanks is adavance

scott