John Smith

Default Currency Formatting.

Thank You, Mr. Gord Dibben. Your solution has worked.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Your data looks numerical but is text because of the infeed.

Select an empty cell formatted to General and EditCopy.

Select all your data and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Your data will be coerced to numbers.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:08:02 -0800, "John Smith" <John
wrote:

I have formatted number ( say 53.345 ) to currency format with $ symbol and
2 decimals. When I do this, I don't see any change in the display. But when I
place my cursor in the cell and press return, then the format changes to
currency. Please note that the data is coming from Query thru ODBC
connection to SYBASE. Thx.