Jeff Spiccoli

Thanks, Domenic! It works great.

I had D5 instead of E6.

Hey, what if the numbers aren't an exact match. How do I have it choose the
number above, below, closest, etc?

Jeff

"Domenic" wrote:

=INDEX(E6:I10,MATCH(C2,D6:D10,0),MATCH(D2,E5:I5,0) )

Hope this helps!

Jeff Spiccoli Wrote:
Frank,

I gave it an honest effort, but couldn't get it to work.

My table is located in D5:I10. (Though, D5 itself is blank, of
course.) I
want the value in column D (D6:D10) to match cell C2, and the value in
row 5
(E5:I5) to match cell D2. Formula would return the intersecting cell
value,
for example, H9.

If you could give me the precise formula to type in I'd sure appreciate
it.

Thanks,

Jeff

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
use
=INDEX(A1:G20,MATCH(lookup_1,A1:A20,0),MATCH(looku p_2,A1:G1,0))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jeff Spiccoli" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag

I've been using VLookup and it works well. But now I'd like Excel

choose
the cell that matches both the vertical and horizontal indexes.

IE
I'd like
it to choose the formula or value that is, say, below the value 3
(HLookup)
AND to the right of value 51 (as VLookup).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

--