Ragdyer

Default Create a running totaol

The OP asked that "no number" be present until a value was entered in Column
A.

What are your specs?
Can you accept a zero?

=IF(A1,SUM($A$1:A1),0)

Also, exactly what formula are you using, and in what way are you using it,
that's giving you an error?

There might be viable "workarounds".

RD

"noyb" wrote in message
The problem I have with this solution is that if you work with the results
of the running total you get #value because of the "" value.

Sandy Mann wrote:
"RagDyeR" wrote in message

Try this for a non-volatile suggestion:

=IF(A1,SUM($A$1:A1),"")

I assume that you mean to copy the formula down or you meant
=IF(A1,SUM(A:A),"") which would be fine if there was no other numbers in
column A.

If you meant copy down and the OP had say, 4,000 rows of data, would that
not be more of a calculation load than a volatile function? Of course it
would depend on what the rest of the sheet was like.