Michael

Default convert text to number for a range of data in a column

Hi Tom. Select the first cell in your list and then scroll down to the last
cell, hold the shift key and click on the last cell. This will select all
the inbetween cells.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Tom" wrote:

Haha, thx for the reply. However, I must correct myself... for a very long
list, is there a shortcut that doesn't require highlighting all the cells? or
maybe is there a shortcut to highlighting a range of cells without having to
drag the mouse? I'm asking this because i always scroll past the end of the
range. Very annoying trying to select long lists. It's like my scroll is on
hyperdrive.

Tom

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

In an un-used cell enter 1. Copy the cell and then paste/special with
multiply checked over all the cells you want to convert.
--
Gary's Student

"Tom" wrote:

I have a set of data that are numbers stored as text. CLicking on the little
green tab enables me to convert the text in the cell into a number. All The
data in the column starting from a certain row and ending at a certain row
are numbers stored as text. Also, it's a very long long long list. Is there a
shortcut to converting all the data to numbers without having to click the
green tab for each cell or having to highlight all the cells in the column
(only to zip past the last row) and go through cell properties?

Thanks