Hairy Hurdler

Default How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

I use Format, Cells, Number tab, select "Custom" format and select the "0"
just below "General"; then I add three zeros to the "0" displayed in "Type"
and this format is then available for use.

"bj" wrote:

try
<format<cell<number<custom
enter 0000
and you will get a four digit display with an initial display with a leading
zero.
Note this is not a time function

"ALupin" wrote:

I want to be able to enter times as eg 0845 but no matter what cell format I
use, there is a problem, either that the initial zero is lopped off or that I
am informed there is an error. Is there any way of solving this?