Excel_lent

Default How do I bring Excel graph to illustrator (no cut and paste)

Thanks Jon, I didn't know the lingo, but yes, a vector image is what I was
looking for. I'm getting my chart to copy as a picture, but it still will not
paste in Illustrator.

So, I guess the logical alternative would be to save the file as a metafile
(ie vector image), then open it in Illustrator.

Do you know a good way to save Excel charts as Metafiles?

Thanks for your help!

-Louis

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

By "edit in Illustrator" and "just a picture", I assume you mean you
want a vector graphic, not a bitmap.

I have no idea how Illustrator works, but here's what I do with target
apps that understand metafiles (i.e., vector images). In Excel I copy
the chart as a picture. I do this by holding Shift when I select the
Edit menu, which changes Copy to Copy Picture. Then I select the On
Screen option(s) and As Picture. Then I go to the target application and
use its native Paste command.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Excel_lent wrote:

I take it this can't be done?

"Excel_lent" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003 and Illustrator 9.0, how do I bring in a chart (like a
2D surface chart) from Excel into Illustrator, so that it can be edited in
illustrator (so that it is not just an image)? Cutting and pasting is not
working.