Dave Peterson

Default edit replace

Since you're doing Edit|replace, you should be able to group the worksheets you
want changed.

Rightclick on a worksheet
choose "Select all Sheets"
select all the cells
(use that little button to the left of the column headers and above the row
numbers)

Edit|Replace
replace all

And remember to ungroup the sheets
right click on any of the worksheet tabs and choose ungroup sheets.

Be aware that this won't touch your headers/footers.

And Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind offers this capability, too:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

Tee wrote:

The company that I work for has recently changed their name, we have
literally thousands of spreadsheets with the old name on. Is there any way
that I can do edit replace over a whole file?

--

Dave Peterson