Peter Rooney

Default edit replace

Well, the first thing is, do you have the "Whole Workbook" option in Search
and Replace in your version of Excel?

How many workbooks are we talking about?

Are they all in the same folder, or in different folders?

Pete

"Tee" wrote:

I take it this would be fairly complex?

"Peter Rooney" wrote:

In Excel 2003, there's an option to specify the whole workbook when doing a
search and replace. This would get around having to S&R on each worksheet in
a workbook. Otherwise, you might have to write some VBA Code. As far as
S&Ring over multiple workbooks, i'd suggest you DEFINITELY need some VBA code!

Regards

Pete

"Tee" wrote:

The company that I work for has recently changed their name, we have
literally thousands of spreadsheets with the old name on. Is there any way
that I can do edit replace over a whole file?