Claudia

Default My Excel file won't open

My version is Excel 2000. I select the file. Right click.The drop down box
has these options: Open, Open read only , Open as copy, Print, Scan with
Avast, Print, Open with..., ad to archive, add to catalog rar, compress,
Cut, Copy, etc.
Nothing about repair
Other fixes I have tried: I emptied my temp files and also checked to see
that each sheet was only one page.
I'm going to sleep

"Paul B" wrote:

Claudia, in 2002, from the open dilog box select your file, there is a drop
down box next to the open button you can select open and repair from there

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Claudia" wrote in message
I right clicked on the file --there was no option of SELECT. Is this

feature
only in Word?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You may be able to open and repair this workbook. Try this:
* File - Open
* Go to the folder where the workbook is located.
* Right click on the file and choose SELECT.
* The Open button will have several choices, one is "OPEN AND REPAIR".

I've only done this with "corrupted" WORD docs so good luck.

"Claudia" wrote in message
I am making a catalog in Excel. It contains about 140,000KB, with

photos.
It
has 12 tabs. Each time I opened it to work , it was getting more and

more
'sluggish' and would take about 2 minutes to finish saving.
Now when I click on it or chose'open', it times out-- no hourglass- it
will
not open. I have Microsoft XP.