Barb Reinhardt

Default How do I set a rule to add a number, but only if it is positive?

Have you tried using the MOD function.

=MOD(A1,40)

I'm not exactly clear on what you want, so please come back and let us know
what else you might want.

"PaRtaP" wrote in message
I am trying to add hours together using Excel, the problem is if the hours
are greater than 40 then I have to subtract 40 hours and add the remaining
number to the O.T Hours. How do I set a rule to add a number, but only if
it
is positive?
For example 43.56 hours - 40.00 = 3.56 hours add to O.T. hrs which = O.T.
+
3.56 this is okay because the first number is greater than 40.00 so the
result is positive but what if it was 36.42 - 40.00 = -3.56 add to O.T.
hrs
which = O.T. - 3.56 this is not what I want because I don't want to
subtract
hours I only want to add the hours if positive.