CarlosAntenna

Right click on the field, choose field settings, clear the check box for
"Show items with no data".

"Greg Bobak" wrote in message
The set-up; (Example only....scenario is much larger) I have a pivot the

is
summing the voting results for the state of PA in in 3-categories,

appearing
in cells B1 through B3.
Cells A1 through A3 have the 3 categories Democratic, Republican
&Independant.
The problem: The Independant has a null values for its CALCULATED
results(the cell is blank). However, The pivot is showing the name
INDEPENDANT in the pivot.
How can I have the pivot not to show indenpendant without constantly using
the drop-down box to un-check the unwanted value. (again, my actual

scenrio
has over 500 constantly changing values. Let me know. Thanks!