Neil Bowen

Default Extracting specific data from a cell

Thanks Bruno
Neil
"Bruno Campanini" wrote in message
"Neil Bowen" wrote in message
I know the answer to this is probably simple and obvious but I can't find
it. If I have a column of cells containing data that references imperial
weight. i.e. each cell contains a value such as 12st 10lbs or 11st 07 lbs.
I wish to convert this to kilograms using a calculation that converts this
data into lbs and then multiplies by 0.4536. How do I work with the first
number (i.e. stones) and then the second number (lbs).
Regards,
complete newbie and thickhead,
Neil

Provided your data are always in the format of:
<any string <space <any number <lbs
this makes the conversion lbs to Kg:

=MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1),SEARCH("lbs",A1,1)-
SEARCH(" ",A1,1))*0.4536

Ciao
Bruno