Neil Bowen

Default Extracting specific data from a cell

Bruce,
Many thanks,
Regards,
Neil
"bpeltzer" wrote in message
Instead of a monster formula, use Data TextToColumns, and select the
'space' as a delimter. That will create two columns. Insert a column
between those two. Then use TextToColumns again on column A, using 's' as
delimiter, and on column C using 'l'. (This all assumes this to be a
one-time process; if not it would be worth creating the forumlas using
'find', 'left','mid' and 'value' that you can apply next time as well).
You'll wind up with the number of stones in column A and pounds less than
stone in column C.
--Bruce

"Neil Bowen" wrote:

I know the answer to this is probably simple and obvious but I can't find
it. If I have a column of cells containing data that references imperial
weight. i.e. each cell contains a value such as 12st 10lbs or 11st 07
lbs. I
wish to convert this to kilograms using a calculation that converts this
data into lbs and then multiplies by 0.4536. How do I work with the first
number (i.e. stones) and then the second number (lbs).
Regards,
complete newbie and thickhead,
Neil