Peo Sjoblom

Default Checking for a formula

You must have named the cell incorrectly, works for me as long as the UDF is
in the same workbook
No, you cannot use a cell reference unless you use a second cell to link to,
assume you put

=HASFORMULA(Sheet2!A2)

in Sheet1!IV1, then from the same sheet check for IV1

=IV1=TRUE

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"rrucksdashel" wrote in message
I get a #REF! when I enter this formula:
=HasFormula(TEST)
The cell TEST had 4 in it and I also had =2+2 in it andin both cases,
#REF!was the answer.

Also, can a cell reference be used instead of a name because the location
will change?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Name the cell on the other sheet (select cell., do
insertnamedefine)then
refer to the name in the formatting

=HASFORMULA(name_cell)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"rrucksdashel" wrote in message
How can I tell in a cell on one sheet if a cell on another sheet is an
input
value or a formula (e.g., 4 or =2*2)? I use the conditional formatting
=(HasFormula) when the cell that I am checking is on the same sheet but
conditional formating won't let me reference another sheet (I don't
think)