RagDyeR

Default Create a running totaol

It would have to be copied down in order to fulfill the OP's request of
being a *running* total.

And, of course ... I always follow OP directives.<g

As far as volatility ... 4,000 rows being calculated every time *anything*
in the sheet changes, is really not even a point of discussion.

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Try this for a non-volatile suggestion:

=IF(A1,SUM($A$1:A1),"")

I assume that you mean to copy the formula down or you meant
=IF(A1,SUM(A:A),"") which would be fine if there was no other numbers in
column A.

If you meant copy down and the OP had say, 4,000 rows of data, would that
not be more of a calculation load than a volatile function? Of course it
would depend on what the rest of the sheet was like.

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk