Andy

Default Still can select locked cells in protected sheet

The option to do this when you manual protect your sheet is not in
97-2000. So if you manual protect your sheet with this setting in
2002 and open it in 2000 it is not working

Hi Ron,

Ok, if I understand you right, in 97-2000 I can protect the cell but
when the sheet is locked the user will still be able to select the
cell even though they won't be able to alter it.

Still doesn't explain why my 2002 is allowing me to select the cell,
but I'm ok with my workbook_open workaround.

Thanks,

Andy